About Assisted Senior Living
This site was created after my sister and I had to find an assisted living facility for my dad in one traumatic week following his stroke. The process of moving dad into an assisted living facility (from the family home) was so difficult that I wanted to create a site to help others with senior care decisions.
In my father's case, location was a critical issues. He wanted to stay close to friends, family and the same stores and restaurants that he has visited for the past 40 years. On this site, you can enter an address, city, county or zip and get a list of the closest facilities sorted by distance. When we were investigating options, we wanted to learn as much as possible about every facility or service before we started driving in the horrible Atlanta traffic. For this reason, we have collected data including photos, contact information, cost and government rating (where available) to aid in the decision process.
Our Mission Statement
It is the Mission of Assisted Senior Living is be the most complete, accurate, detailed and unbiased resource for caregivers and seniors searching for senior living options. We do this by:
- Listing every possible senior care option (large and small) that we can find in the US.
- Listing as much information as possible about every senior care option including reviews, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, costs and website information.
- Continuously updating, refining and improving our data. We are not perfect but we are always improving.
- Not taking any money from any service providers. We are NOT paid by or affiliated directly with any service providers so you can trust that we are doing our best to show you every option.
- Click here to see learn more about Hull Teegardin
Dad (Assisted Living Rock Star)
About Our Data
We are proud that dozens of non-profit organizations, universities and government organizations have evaluated our site and decided to reference our resource. This includes:
- Delaware Health and Social Services (Deleware.gov)
- Oregon Board of Examiners of Nursing Home Administrators (Oregon.gov)
- The Official Nebraska Government Web site (Nebraska.gov)
- The US Department of Housing And Urban Development (HUD.gov)
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NNLM.gov)
- The Official State Web Site of Mississippi (Mississippi.gov)
All the data for this directory originated from state and federal government resources. Where ever possible, we have listed the source of the data on the "state services" page. The original data was standardized (every state is a little different) and blended with data from other public sources. The information like photos, costs, amenities, and spaces comes from public sources and is presented to give users the most complete picture about each option. Some listings are more complete than other because some services have more information available.
In order to maintain an unbiased site, we have the following guidelines:
- This site is totally free to both users and service providers.
- We do not collect any user information. Personal lists of services are maintained using cookies on each user's computer.
- There is no direct-paid advertising on this site.
The information on the site is deemed reliable but the owners take no reasonability or liability for the information. We highly recommend that you contact your state licensing site, medicare.gov, and local ombudsmen before you make a final decision.
This information is continuously updated and each generation of the data becomes more complete.